Author Topic: PhotoAcute still supported?  (Read 5927 times)

Neptunos

PhotoAcute still supported?
« on: February 24, 2015, 09:49:21 AM »
Is the product still alive & supported? I tried to contact support to submit new profiles but did not get any answers. Just wondering if there will be new development in the future or not.

Eugene (PhotoAcute)

• Administrator
Re: PhotoAcute still supported?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 01:15:52 AM »
Dear PhotoAcute users,

It's time to confess and apologize.

In the end of the last year we found ourselves in a situation when we have no resources to develop and support PhotoAcute without a harm to our projects. At the moment we do not support PhotoAcute anymore, so we do not produce the profiles as well.

We still hope to revitalize the project in future but I cannot give any warranty.

Please accept our apologies. Everyone who feels they have to get a refund please let us know by sending a message to info@almalence.com

matilda

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 10:57:37 AM »
Eugene, thank you for some clarity.  It's a disappointment, but business decisions are what they are.

If a final decision is made to not continue PA, perhaps you could sell the product to another group?  If not, open-source it?

PA is the best, and only really functional, super-resolution software out there.  I use it regularly.

alert_bri

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 10:01:02 AM »
Hi Eugene,

have things improved at all? it's killing me that PhotoAcute is more relevant today than it has ever been... with the release of the RX100 m4 for example, which provides 16fps with an electronic shutter and stabilised lens... in a pocketable camera with 1" 20MP sensor crying out for this software.

With global shutter cameras just around the corner, now is the absolute *best* time I can imagine to reinvigorate PhotoAcute development.

What do you say?

matilda

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 06:31:04 AM »
It's been about a year - any news?  I am about to replace my two cameras with brand-new models that PA does not support, so I'll be losing super-resolution capability.

julimanor

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 02:20:35 PM »
Photoacute is such a great software! I still use it quite often to increase resolution, and still haven't found another software able to do it! My camera is not fully supported, but i use the nearest configuration and it works very well. I would love to see an updated version!

Tachyon6

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 08:39:59 AM »
Imho PhotoAcute was way too expensive.  The prohibitive pricing is certain to have scared away many, many potential users. Also, Marketing and PR appear to have been detrimental to the program suite's success. I am certain that a restart that adresses these issues would be successful because the apps themselves are outstanding.

Maximus

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 03:27:03 PM »
Dear Sirs.
Dear sw developers.

Please, I have an important request. If possible, you contact the creators DxO Optics. Sw DxO Optics has a huge and constantly updated database to guard profiles photographic cameras. It has not yet implemented the module for SuperResolution technology. It could be a great way to preserve the development great sw PhotoAcute.

Well thank you.

Best regards,
Maximus