Author Topic: PhotoAcute still supported?  (Read 23621 times)

rmfx

Re: PhotoAcute still supported?
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2018, 04:55:57 AM »
Hi Eugene, would it be possible to still get a registration key?  Thanks in advance!

Mike12431

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2018, 03:13:31 PM »
Hey there Eugene, I have been really impressed with this software and am bummed out that you're not selling it anymore. I would really like to get it somehow, I too would like some way to get a registration key if possible. Hopefully you can come out and support a new version soon.

Reiner106

« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2018, 09:37:32 AM »
Hello Eugene, I came across PA and I am very impressed by the results. Is there any way to buy a license code nowadays or optain a code for an older version?

I´ve been working with multiple samples from video source, trying to reduce noice via avisynth - hard to allign the frames... I´d love to see a video-acute Sofware in the future and sure am looking forward to the next PA Version :)

Eugene (PhotoAcute)

• Administrator
Reg code and video processing
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2018, 09:20:02 PM »
Hello Reiner,

Re code - please see PM.

The fundamental problem with video - and that's why we have not released anything for video processing ever - is the (very) lossy compression, killing both aliasing components and weak components close to noise level. Which means we can nor increase the resolution neither restore any details from below the noise. 

We actually implemented a software for video processing (for internal test purposes) and it did enhance the quality a bit - increasing sharpness, reducing the noise and somewhat fixing the compression artefacts, but the level of improvement is nowhere close to what PhotoAcute can do with RAW input.

Happy New Year! :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 09:24:54 PM by Eugene (PhotoAcute) »

warartc

« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2018, 03:21:28 AM »
Found this software on Google. Tested it, and it works great. You guys did a great job manipulating each image in the stack so all of them align properly. The result is super.

Now I am really interested in getting it, but then sad to see guys no longer have it on sale. Then I see people asking for it and now I'm wondering there's a way for me to get one?

Reiner106

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2018, 08:23:37 AM »
Thank you for the key!!!

I saw your demo of Supersensor on youtube - so I was hoping this method could be im implemented into some pc-software, too.

I am aware that "Magic" can´t be done - but for some old Videofootage I´d do anything to squeeze out the last bit of enhancemend, possible.. I even once tried to extract videoframes, fed them into trial photoacute and stitched them back into the video :) This didn`t work too bad - of course I coulnd´t take motion into account, so it was more of a case study..

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

DrBenhamou

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2019, 01:20:31 AM »
Hey Eugene I have just found your fantastic program and I'm wondering if I can get a code to use it?
Thanks
Tracy

Joephoto954

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2019, 05:00:32 PM »
Same here! I have the original version. How can I get a working reg. code for ver.-#3?
We are all anxiously waiting for your return!  Thanx Eugene.  :)

Eugene, I have been used PhotoAcute for a few years (old version).
I have taken two or three continue shots and use PhotoAcute to make it look better.
I just buy a new computer and I have downloaded PhotoAcute 3.0.16.
I am so sad that the lastest version stop the sales.....
Is there any way to order it and install it into my new computer.

Thank!
Mike

Sw52

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2019, 09:45:07 AM »
Eugene, I have been used PhotoAcute for years (two Licences for version 2.xx and older).
I have a new Windows 10 PC and I will download PhotoAcute 3.0.16.
Is there a way to install it onto my new computer.

Thank you and a happy new year, Hans

Eugene (PhotoAcute)

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2019, 03:45:01 AM »
Hans, I've just replied by email
-Eugene

TOPAZ

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2019, 06:12:04 AM »
Hi Eugène,

I would need to use PA with my new scanner aTopy'm using a windows 10 PC.

Please tell me it's possible to get a license.
Best regards,
Topy

TOPAZ

« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2019, 02:41:13 PM »
I have a question that has been may be already answered :

is there a far better improvement in superresolution if the camera has micro movements between shots ?
I guess it's YES but as I use AP with a scanner, moving the negatives that have been fluid mounted is not easy...

Topaz

bobjase

« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2019, 04:43:59 PM »
Is there any way to still get a license for the newest version?

clk11

« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2019, 07:03:32 PM »
Hi Eugene, wondering if it would be possible to share the software or utility that was used to create camera profiles?

Maybe the community can contribute with creating additional camera support profiles - It seems that with RAW files from some of the newer camera bodies (40-50MP), about 1/3 of the resulting processed image is garbled. Not sure if this is a result of the camera profile or a limitation in the existing software, but I am sure many of us would be happy to put in the work and share profiles for newer cameras/lenses if that is possible?

Pruutus

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2019, 02:11:46 AM »
I too would like some way to get a registration key if possible.